Welcome to Osprey Class
Hello, and welcome to Osprey class! My name is Mrs Singer and I am the class teacher from Monday to Thursday. Mrs Dutta teaches our class on Monday afternoons and Fridays. I’m very excited to be part of the amazing team at Little Sutton this year, and I’m looking forward to an enjoyable and successful year!
We are a hardworking class who enjoy challenging ourselves with our learning.
For more information please click the link titled ‘Y3 Curriculum Overview’.
Together we aim to REACH for the stars, by aspiring to be:
This half term, in writing, Osprey class will be writing a letter in the role of a character from the book, ‘Seal Surfer’ by Michael Foreman. The story follows a boy and his grandad, who build an unlikely friendship with a seal and watch it as it progresses through the seasons. We will be focussing on the use of prepositions for time, place and cause, and group related ideas into paragraphs.
In Maths we will be developing our knowledge on place value within 1000, moving on to practice using written methods for addition and subtraction.
I am particularly looking forward to our explosive Geography topic which asks, ‘Why do people live near volcanoes?’ We will learn how Earth is constructed and where mountains and volcanoes are found. We will also study the effects of volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.
Science is all about movement and nutrition in animals including humans! We will explain the role of the skeleton and recognise the main bones in the body. We will also show how muscles are used for movement. Balanced diets and nutrient groups will also be on the menu, as we learn that food is an essential energy source for animals.
RE poses the question: ‘How do Christians use the Bible to help them with their lives?’
An exciting half term of learning ahead!
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our weekly learning!
Our handle is @LittleSuttonCoE
- PE is on a Tuesday and Thursday: please remember to wear full kits (white T-shirt and black shorts). Due to safety, it would be preferable to take out earrings for PE, however, if this is not possible, please tape over them. Children can come to school in PE kits on Tuesdays and change into their uniform afterwards. On Thursdays, they can come in their uniform and children will be sent home in their kits.
- Fruit is available for snack, or if they wish, the children may bring in their own healthy snack to eat at morning break (only one snack please). Please do not send any food which contain nuts. Toast can also be purchased from the school kitchen.
- Please ensure your child brings in a water bottle each day so that they can stay hydrated.
- Reading is a hugely important part of learning, and we encourage you to ‘Strive for five’ times a week. You can access the accelerated reader quizzes via the link to the righthand side of this page.
- Homework: please practice reading, spelling and Times Tables Rock Stars each week!
Get in touch
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries, questions or comments. You can contact me via email at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can speak to me at the classroom door at drop off or pick up time.
Thank you for your continued support.